By : Gloucestershire FHS
Available as a CD Version or PDF Download
Covers the period 1901 – 1961
A History of the County of Gloucester Vol 4 states that in 1856 a cemetery of 13 acres was laid out at Tredworth but was not opened until 1857 when the old city churchyards ceased. It was extended in 1875, 1901 and, lastly, in 1911 when it was extended to cover 35 acres.
A second city cemetery at Coney Hill was laid out in 1934 but was not opened for burials until 1939. This cemetery is still used today.