We have a wide range of genealogical resources available in the Centre. These include free access to some of the commercial online data sources through the Society’s accounts. Volunteers will help you use the computers and to access our other information.
UK and International sources
We are now a FamilySearch Affiliate Library. See more details and how to prepare to use it before you come to the Centre. This is now the best way to access the old LDS information.
We also have:
- Census Collection 1841 – 1911
- British Newspaper Archive *
- Find My Past – including the 1921 Census*
- WW1 Army Records
- Calendar of Wills
*Please request when booking visit as only one licence.
- Birth, Marriage & Death details (from 1837)
- Baptism Details (1813 – 1837)
- Burial Details (1813 – 1851)
- Forest of Dean Parish Records
- Marriage Index (1759 – 1837)
- Monumental Inscriptions
- Non-Conformists’ Baptisms
- Quakers’ Registers, Baptisms (1813 – 1837)
- 18th Century Parish Registers (A selection of)
- Tredworth Cemetery Records 1857 onwards
- Cremation Registers Gloucester Crematorium
… plus much more including a host of Society databases and research CDs for other areas of the country.