Prosperity to this Parish

£4.00

RRP £13.50

Paperback: Condition: Very Good

A History of Redmarley D’Abitot

• formerly in  both Diocese and County of Worcester
• currently in both Diocese and County of Gloucester

In stock

SKU: 627 Category:

Description

By Eric Ward

1743 Abraham and John Rudhall, Bell Founders of Gloucester, recast the 5th Bell in the Bell Tower of St Bartholomew’s Church, Redmarley D’Abitot inscribing it “Prosperity to this Parish A*R 1743”

Today it still rings – loud and clear – more than 250 years subsequent to the recast.

Contents

1.       The Village
5.       Neolithic Times
7.       De Principio – The Development of a Name
11.     Urso d’Abitot – Sheriff of Worcestershire
13.     The ‘Curse’ on the D’Abitot Family
15.     The Domesday Book
19.     A History of Redmarley
47.     Parish Charities
51.     Law and Order
55.     Heraldic Shields and the ‘d’Abitots
59.     The Will of Robert de Pendock
61.     A Redmarley ‘Gallimaufrey
67.     The Elizabethan Communion Cup
69.     The Battle of Redmarley – 1644
75.     Churchwardens’ Accounts
79.     Margaret Birchett 1666-1733
87.     The Poor’s House, or Church House
91.     The Ledbury Hunt
95.     The Down House – The Earlier Years
99.     The Down House – post 1800
111.   Licenced Premises
117.   The Chartist Community at Lowlands, The Gadfield End Chapel – Church of Jesus
123.   Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon)
127.   Education
133.   Pfera Hall
137.   Major-General Sir Henry Roberts, K.C.B
143.   Miss C. Alice Roberts
149.   Lily Elsie – from Leicester Square to Drury Lane
155.   The former Wesleyan Chapel
159.   The War Memorial
161.   War and the Civilian Population
165.   Selling the Original Schools
171.   Listed Properties
179.   Sport
187.   Redmarley Characters

Additional information

Weight 673 g
Dimensions 21 × 14.7 × 2.5 cm