Available as a CD Version or PDF Download
St Lawrence C of E Church is situated at the heart of Barnwood, Gloucester.
The Church dates back to Norman times, and is a grade II listed building. The churchyard itself also contains three grade II listed structures. Just north of the tower, and near the main entrance to the church, are two table tombs, dating from the late 17th/early 18th century. These were listed in 1998. And in the east section of the churchyard can be found the headstone to Elizabeth Baylis. This is constructed of sandstone and is dated 1635. This headstone was listed in 2014.
The Index contains, in most instances
Surname; Forename; Year of Death; Age; Transcription; Number; and the Plan. The number and the plan are included as a guide to locating the memorials in the churchyard. Please refer to the maps to find the approximate position of any headstone in the churchyard.
Transcribed by Elaine Schollar