By : Gloucestershire FHS
PDF Download Version ( 1MB)
This Download contains all of the following transcripts plus an overall index …
|Avening||Upper Forest Green Independent Chapel Nailsworth||1822-1837||Baptisms|
|Avening||Upper Forest Green Independent Chapel Nailsworth||1776-1814||Baptisms|
|Avening||Upper Forest Green Independent Chapel Nailsworth||1785-1837||Baptisms|
|Berkeley||Newport Independent Chapel||1822-1837||Baptisms|
|Bisley||France Meeting, Chalford Hill Independant||1782-1837||Baptisms|
|Bisley||France Meeting, Chalford Hill Independant||1785-1837||Burials|
|Bourton on the Water||Baptist Chapel||1801-1836||Births|
|Bourton on the Water||Baptist Chapel||1776-1836||Burials|
|Cheltenham||Highbury Chapel (Congregational)||1828-1837||Baptisms|
|Cheltenham||Chapel Of Protestant Dissenters||1810-1837||Baptisms|
|Cheltenham||Chapel Of Protestant Dissenters||1810-1837||Burials|
|Cheltenham||Portland Chapel House, Portland Street Lady of Huntingdon||1812-1837||Baptisms|
|Cheltenham||King Street Ebenezer (Wesleyan)||1812-1837||Baptisms|
|Chipping Campden||Baptist Chapel||1729-1837||Births & Bapts|
|Cirencester||Coxwell Baptist Chapel||1652-1837||Baptisms|
|Cirencester||Coxwell Baptist Chapel||1735-1839||Burials|
|Cirencester||Gloucester Street Wesleyan Chapel||1811-1837||Baptisms|
|Cirencester||Wharf Road Independent Chapel (Cirencester)||1828-1837||Baptisms|
|Cirencester||Wharf Road Independent Chapel (Dursley)||1817-1837||Baptisms|
|Clifton||Hotwell Road Wesleyan Chapel||1833-1837||Baptisms|
|Coleford||Circuit Wesleyan Methodists||1838-1854||Births & Bapts|
|Downend||(Mangotsfield) Wesleyan Chapel||1824-1837||Births & Bapts|
|Dursley||Wesleyan Methodist Chapel||1800-1837||Births & Bapts|
|Dursley||Wesleyan Methodist Chapel||1812-1837||Deaths & Burials|
|Eastcombe||Near Stroudwater Baptist Chapel||1797-1824||Births|
|Gloucester||Barton St. Chapel||1785-1836||Burials|
|Gloucester||Barton St. Chapel||1740-1836||Baptisms|
|Gloucester||Northgate St. Wesleyan Chapel||1800-1837||Baptisms|
|Gloucester||Northgate St. Wesleyan Chapel||1830-1837||Burials|
|Gloucester||Southgate St. Independent Chapel||1787-1837||Baptisms|
|Gloucester||Southgate St. Independent Chapel||1786-1837||Burials|
|Gloucester||St. Mary’s Chapel Countess of Huntingdon Chapel||1790-1837||Baptisms|
|Littleworth||(Parish of Minchinhampton) Wesleyan Chapel||1814-1837||Baptisms|
|Newport||(Parish of Berkeley) Independant Chapel||1822-1983||Baptisms|
|Oakridge||Methodist (Wesleyan Chapel)||1909-1983||Burials|
By : Gloucestershire FHS
PDF Download Version ( 3MB)
This contains the following Registers :
Birth Registers : 1642 – 1837
Burial Registers : 1655 – 1908
Marriage Registers : 1656 – 1908
About 1837-1840, James Bowden Digest Clerk and William Manley Recording Clerk of the Society of Friends compiled three registers of Births, Marriages & Burials from, it is believed, the minutes of Monthly Meeting Registers created by individual Meeting Houses in the Gloucestershire & Wiltshire area commencing around 1650.
These Registers held by Gloucestershire Archives have been transcribed together with a fourth register of later compilation onto this Download.
The original Monthly Meeting Registers are now in the National Archives at Kew possibly under RG6 & Images of the same can been viewed on The Society of Genealogists Web Site. Please bear in mind that the original documents from 1650 to 1837 were transcribed in 1840 and these have been transcribed again in 2011. Therefore these indexes should only be used as a guide until the original documents can be viewed. Please read the Transcribers notes by Gloucester Family History Society for more information. However to whet the appetite notable families such as Joseph Fry chocolate maker can be found as well as faraway places such as America the Caribbean, and English Counties from the North to South .
Index of Cremations in Gloucester Crematorium from 11 August 1987 to 28 July 1998
The Crematorium was built in the grounds of the Coney Hill Cemetery and the first cremation took place there on the 7 January 1953. Ashes were then either scattered or interred in the Crematorium grounds, on Graves in both Tredworth and Cony Hill Cemeteries, or removed for private disposal in other locations.
Transcription Notes While every care has been taken with this transcription, errors inevitably do occur. Where a discrepancy with the Death Index has been found, this had been noted.
There are some abbreviations:- Rec = Recordia Res = Reserve BOM = Book of Memories BMD = Birth, Marriage and Death Index
Also there are references for example HH1, this indicated where the ashes were scattered and if there is a Plaque, this is often places on kerbs as near as possible to the scattering. Plaque’s and Rose Bushes last for 20 years before they are due for renewal.
This Index does not contain the Residence or Place of Death Addresses but if the death has been shown to be outside of the Gloucestershire or Forest of Dean Registration District, we have tried to give an indication to the area of death. These addresses have been removed to maintain confidentially but these details may be obtained from the address below. Stillbirths that may have been entered have not been included and all children that died under the age of 1 year have been entered as 0 years in line with the entries in the Civil Registration Index.
Crematorium Office, Coney Hill Road, Gloucester GL4 4PA. They will look up three entries free of charge but for any extra searches, a charge could be levied.
GFHS thank the staff at the Crematorium Office for all their assistance in the production of these transcriptions.
A CD Version is also available here
A Further 21,000 entries following on from Vol 1
Index of Cremations in Gloucester Crematorium from 21 February 1975 to 11th August 1987.. Transcribed by Barbara Osborne and her team of society volunteers
Also available as a CD
Volume 1 can be purchased as a CD or a download
A History of the County of Gloucester Vol 4 states that in 1856 a cemetery of 13 acres was laid out at Tredworth but was not opened until 1857 when the old city churchyards ceased.
A second city cemetery at Coney Hill was laid out in 1934 but was not opened for burials until 1939 with the first interment taking place 10 May 1939. This cemetery is still used today.
A Crematorium was built in the grounds of the Coney Hill cemetery and the first cremation took place there on the 7 January 1953. Many ashes were then either scattered or interred in or on Graves in both cemeteries.
Over 25,000 names on more than 500 Memorials
(includes, where known. Age, Rank, Regiment and Year of Death)
Download version: There is a CD available here