Clearwell Burial Ground
Drybrook Holy Trinity
Mitcheldean St Michael and All Angles
Viney Hill All Saints Burial Ground
Also Available as a Download
Index of Cremations in Gloucester Crematorium from 7 January 1953 to 20 February 1975. Transcribed by Barbara Osborne and her team of society volunteers
Note – Now available by PDF Download
see this product
A History of the County of Gloucester Vol 4 states that in 1856 a cemetery of 13 acres was laid out at Tredworth but was not opened until 1857 when the old city churchyards ceased.
A second city cemetery at Coney Hill was laid out in 1934 but was not opened for burials until 1939 with the first interment taking place 10 May 1939. This cemetery is still used today.
A Crematorium was built in the grounds of the Coney Hill cemetery and the first cremation took place there on the 7 January 1953. Many ashes were then either scattered or interred in or on Graves in both cemeteries.
By : Forest of Dean LHS
Mining and Quarry Fatalities in Forest of Dean
Survey of Memorials in St Katharine’s Church and Churchyard,
Matson, Gloucester. 2015-16.
Obituaries of young Forest of Dean
men killed in the 1914-1918 war