Burials

Tredworth Burial Ground Register Vol 1 1857-1901 on CD

By : Gloucestershire FHS

CD Version
Note – Now available by PDF Download (See Downloads)

A History of the County of Gloucester Vol 4 states that in 1856 a cemetery of 13 acres was laid out at Tredworth but was not opened until 1857 when the old city churchyards ceased. It was extended in 1875, 1901 and, lastly, in 1911 when it was extended to cover 35 acres.

A second city cemetery at Coney Hill was laid out in 1934 but was not opened for burials until 1939. This cemetery is still used today.

Product in stock

Price: £10.00

Loading Updating cart…

Tredworth Burial Ground Register Vol 2 1901-1961 on CD

By : Gloucestershire FHS

CD Version
Note – Now available by PDF Download (See Downloads)

A History of the County of Gloucester Vol 4 states that in 1856 a cemetery of 13 acres was laid out at Tredworth but was not opened until 1857 when the old city churchyards ceased. It was extended in 1875, 1901 and, lastly, in 1911 when it was extended to cover 35 acres.

A second city cemetery at Coney Hill was laid out in 1934 but was not opened for burials until 1939. This cemetery is still used today.

Product in stock

Price: £10.00

Loading Updating cart…

Tredworth Burial Ground Register Vol 3 May 1961- Dec 2013

By : Gloucestershire FHS

Register of Burials in the Burial Ground of the City of Gloucester

(Tredworth Cemetery)

Vol 3 – 19 May 1961 to 31 December 2013

Note

This part of the Index does not contain the Residence Address or any Stillbirths that may have been entered during this period to maintain confidentially but these details may be obtained from the address below. Crematorium Office, Coney Hill Road, Gloucester GL4 4PA, need to be contacted. They will look up the location of one Grave Number free of charge but for any extra searches, a charge is levied.

Additional DescriptionMore Details

A History of the County of Gloucester, Volume 4 states that in 1856 a cemetery of 13 acres was laid out at Tredworth but was not opened until 1857 when the old city churchyards ceased. It was extended in 1875, 1901 and, lastly, in 1911 when it was extended to cover 35 acres. A second city cemetery at Coney Hill was laid out in 1934 but was not opened for burials until 1939. This cemetery is still used today. The old cemetery at Tredworth still has occasional burials there in family plots. Transcription Notes All names and places have been entered as seen in the Burial Books. Where a discrepancy with the Birth, Marriage and Death Index has been found, this had been noted. NG = New Burial Ground. This refers to a new area of the Cemetery being used. Two Grave Numbers given together often relate to family plots adjacent to each other. Unconsecrated Ground – This relates to burials other than Church of England – ie Non-Conformist, Roman Catholic or those not baptised.

Product in stock

Price: £10.00

Loading Updating cart…