- The period of grace for using the 2015 membership username and password is now ending. Pleas use the 2016 details. If you have any difficulty please email using this contact form.
- You can find the online edition of the Spring Jounral in the journal Archive area. This is available to members and remember you need to be logged in.
- In addition to our regular Facebook page we have now introduced a new ‘group’ page – a ‘self-help’ location a where group members can post queries and other member can answer those queries. …
- A revised list of all War Memorials Transcribed by GFHS members as at 11/04/2016 is now available.
- I would like to introduce myself as the new Editor for the GFHS Journal. I am very excited about taking on this position, and look forward to receiving your contributions to the Journal. …
- Members are able to ask for searches on several of the Society’s data sets including our transcriptions. We have now made our Gloucestershire Monumental Inscriptions available for searching. Use the link in the Members’ Area …
- Under a cloudless blue sky, 100 years ago, on what would be the bloodiest day in the history of the British Army – …
- The Gloucestershire Building Recording Group is having an event in Thornbury on 30 July. Details are below
- Thanks to Roger Christian IOMFHS Strays from St Germans Cathedral, Peel Castle, St Peter’s Churchyard, Peel Wesleyan Chapel, & Peel Town Cemetery
- Gloucestershire is particularly rich in collected folk and music. The Heritage Lottery funded ‘Single Gloucester’ project is making the material more accessible, via …
- Gloucestershire Family History Society has started collecting members’ records and memorabilia relating to people that were involved in WW1. These may be …
Upcoming EventsJun28Tue7:30 PM AGM @ St Matthew's : Church Hall, CainscrossAGM @ St Matthew's : Church Hall, CainscrossJun 28 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMReports with election of new officers and Committee. Followed with CD’s on family history, local facts and occupations of interest.. FREE PARKING NEARBYJul2Sat10:00 AM The Yorkshire Family History Fair @ Knavesmire Exhibition CentreThe Yorkshire Family History Fair @ Knavesmire Exhibition CentreJul 2 @ 10:00 AM – 4:30 PMChildren under 14 free Buy One Get One Free at www.YorkshireFamilyHistoryFair.com Over 40 Family History Societies & County Record Offices See a full list of exhibitors on our web siteJul13WedJul20Wed7:30 PM Village Life in mid-Victorian Times @ West Dean Centre, BreamVillage Life in mid-Victorian Times @ West Dean Centre, BreamJul 20 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMJul23Sat10:00 AM Buckinghamshire Family History S... @ The Grange SchoolBuckinghamshire Family History S... @ The Grange SchoolJul 23 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMFree Parking at Venue Research facilities including our names database (over five million entries), Parish Register, People, and Places libraries. Parish Register transcripts and other research aids will be on sale. Expert advice; guest societies from around the country; local … Continue reading →Aug10WedAug17Wed7:30 PM Members’ Evening @ West Dean Centre, BreamMembers’ Evening @ West Dean Centre, BreamAug 17 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMSep14Wed7:30 PM Annual General Meeting plus talk. @ Frith CentreAnnual General Meeting plus talk. @ Frith CentreSep 14 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMPlease Note this is provisional information regarding venue due to building work starting at Gloucestershire Archives in September. An alternate venue may have to be found. Please check again nearer September.Sep21Wed7:30 PM Monmouth Oddities and Curiousities @ West Dean Centre, BreamMonmouth Oddities and Curiousities @ West Dean Centre, BreamSep 21 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMA talk by David J Harrison
About the website
- If you use a gmail address to send us messages or buy things from the shop you may think we have not replied. However we …Read More »
- If you find any problems with the operation of the website please let me know by emailing email@example.com. For general queries about genealogy and the …Read More »
Search the GFHS Shop
Browse the GFHS Shop