- You can find the latest edition of our Journal in the members’ area. You will need to be logged in of course. All the online journals are in the journal archive
- Rose’s second trip of the year is on Thursday 21 September. More details and the booking form are here.
- There will be restricted parking available at Gloucestershire Archives site in Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester from Mid January 2017. >Alternative car parks are available in the area. The Family history centre remains …
- Gloucester Crematorium registers have been transcribed by Barbara Osborne and her team of society volunteers and cover the period Jan 1953 to Feb 1975.
- In addition to our regular Facebook page we have now introduced a new ‘group’ page – a ‘self-help’ location a where group members can post queries and other member can answer those queries. …
- A revised list of all War Memorials Transcribed by GFHS members as at 19/02/2017 is now available.
- We are pleased to report that the BMD site now allows you to enter a Year, It will automatically search Plus or Minus …
- Thanks to Roger Christian IOMFHS Strays from St Germans Cathedral, Peel Castle, St Peter’s Churchyard, Peel Wesleyan Chapel, & Peel Town Cemetery
- Gloucestershire Family History Society has started collecting members’ records and memorabilia relating to people that were involved in WW1. These may be …
Upcoming EventsJul19Wed7:00 PM Family History in a Forest Churc... @ St Mary's ChurchFamily History in a Forest Churc... @ St Mary's ChurchJul 19 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMOur Family History in a Forest Churchyard series continues with St Mary’s, Lydney. This series was started by Steve Cooper a few years ago. This event will be led by branch member Pat Morris. Pat will tell us about some of … Continue reading →Aug16Wed7:30 PM Forest of Dean branch – Members ... @ West Dean Centre, BreamForest of Dean branch – Members ... @ West Dean Centre, BreamAug 16 @ 7:30 PM – 8:30 PMBring along your research Members are invited to do a short presentation on some aspect of their particular research, say an interesting memorial or family photo, etc., or some “brick wall” they cannot break through (we are expecting at least … Continue reading →Sep7ThuSep13Wed7:15 PM GFHS Annual General Meeting @ Huclecote Methodist HallGFHS Annual General Meeting @ Huclecote Methodist HallSep 13 @ 7:15 PM – 9:00 PMAll Members are welcome to come and have their say , appoint a new committee and learn about the latest happenings with our move to be within the New Heritage Hub. These are exciting times and give great opportunities to … Continue reading →
About the website
- If you use a gmail address to send us messages or buy things from the shop you may think we have not replied. However we …Read More »
- If you find any problems with the operation of the website please let me know by emailing email@example.com. For general queries about genealogy and the …Read More »
Search the GFHS Shop
Browse the GFHS Shop
- St. Katherine Church Matson Monumental Inscriptions: Download version
- St. Andrew’s Miserden: Monumental Inscriptions: Download version
- St. Katherine Church Matson Monumental Inscriptions
- St. Andrew’s Miserden: Monumental Inscriptions
- Register of Cremations Gloucester Crematorium Vol 1 DOWNLOAD
- Register of Cremations Gloucester Crematorium Vol 1
- The New Regard Number 31 2016
- Gloucester In 50 Buildings
- Stroud History Tour