- The period of grace for using the 2015 membership username and password is now ending. Pleas use the 2016 details. If you have any difficulty please email using this contact form.
- You can find the online edition of the Spring Jounral in the journal Archive area. This is available to members and remember you need to be logged in.
- In addition to our regular Facebook page we have now introduced a new ‘group’ page – a ‘self-help’ location a where group members can post queries and other member can answer those queries. …
- A revised list of all War Memorials Transcribed by GFHS members as at 11/04/2016 is now available.
- I would like to introduce myself as the new Editor for the GFHS Journal. I am very excited about taking on this position, and look forward to receiving your contributions to the Journal. …
- Members are able to ask for searches on several of the Society’s data sets including our transcriptions. We have now made our Gloucestershire Monumental Inscriptions available for searching. Use the link in the Members’ Area …
- Thanks to Roger Christian IOMFHS Strays from St Germans Cathedral, Peel Castle, St Peter’s Churchyard, Peel Wesleyan Chapel, & Peel Town Cemetery
- Gloucestershire is particularly rich in collected folk and music. The Heritage Lottery funded ‘Single Gloucester’ project is making the material more accessible, via …
- Gloucestershire Family History Society has started collecting members’ records and memorabilia relating to people that were involved in WW1. These may be …
Upcoming EventsSep14Wed7:30 PM Annual General Meeting plus talk... @ Frith CentreAnnual General Meeting plus talk... @ Frith CentreSep 14 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMMonthly Talks will continue to be held at The Frith Centre During September & October Keep checking each month. . Reconnecting Families One Step At A Time By: Ben NichollsSep21Wed7:30 PM Monmouth Oddities and Curiousities @ West Dean Centre, BreamMonmouth Oddities and Curiousities @ West Dean Centre, BreamSep 21 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMThe Forest of Dean Branch will be given a talk by David J Harrison. David returns after his very well received talk on Monmouth Cemetery last year.Sep24Sat10:00 AM Forest of Dean Branch Open Day @ Whitemead Forest Park, ParkendForest of Dean Branch Open Day @ Whitemead Forest Park, ParkendSep 24 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMCome along to our Open Day at The Venue, Whitemead Forest Park, Parkend. The event is at the ‘Boundless’ facility (formerly C.S.M.A.) We will bring all our local M.I.s plus access to on-line Family History resources.Oct6Thu7:30 PM Research Evening – bring problem... @ Ashcroft CentreResearch Evening – bring problem... @ Ashcroft CentreOct 6 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMOct8Sat10:00 AM Glamorgan FHS Fair @ Merthyr Tydfil Leisure CentreGlamorgan FHS Fair @ Merthyr Tydfil Leisure CentreOct 8 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMThe Forest of Dean branch will represent the GFHS at this event in Merthyr Tydfil.Oct12Wed7:30 PM Know your Place @ Frith CentreKnow your Place @ Frith CentreOct 12 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMBy G.A Get a preview of the shortly to be released ordnance survey maps overlay mapping system. of Gloucestershire. How best to use and when and where available on line. Monthly Talks will continue to be held at The Frith … Continue reading →Oct19Wed7:30 PM Mining in the Forest of Dean @ West Dean Centre, BreamMining in the Forest of Dean @ West Dean Centre, BreamOct 19 @ 7:30 PM – 8:30 PMMany Foresters worked down the “pit”. Geoff’s talk looks at the coal “pits” and iron mines that many of our ancestors worked in and where they were and what is left of them. West Dean Centre, Bream, 7.30pm.Nov13Sunall-day Rembrance Sunday service @ St Matthews ChurchRembrance Sunday service @ St Matthews ChurchNov 13 all-dayTo reflect on the Great War (WW1) in Cainscross its effect on everyday life the men that lost their life, those that came home and the civilians on the home front giving thanks for cessation of hostilities. With suitable addresses … Continue reading →Nov16Wed7:30 PM Lydney Grammar School pupils in WWI @ West Dean Centre, BreamLydney Grammar School pupils in WWI @ West Dean Centre, BreamNov 16 @ 7:30 PMBranch member Steve Cooper has offered to give an illustrated talk on some of the former pupils of Lydney Grammar School who died in WW1, and whose photos were displayed in the school for many years as a memorial to … Continue reading →
About the website
- If you use a gmail address to send us messages or buy things from the shop you may think we have not replied. However we …Read More »
- If you find any problems with the operation of the website please let me know by emailing email@example.com. For general queries about genealogy and the …Read More »
Search the GFHS Shop
Browse the GFHS Shop