- You can find the latest edition of our Journal in the members’ area. You will need to be logged in of course. All the online journals are in the journal archive
- To celebrate National Family History Month in Australasia, the Federation of Family History Societies has updated Our Australasian Really Useful Information Leaflet. You can download it for free, here: http://www.ffhs.org.uk/tips/RUL-Aus-2017-0809.pdf The FFHS has produced …
- Rose’s second trip of the year is on Thursday 21 September. More details and the booking form are here.
- There will be restricted parking available at Gloucestershire Archives site in Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester from Mid March 2018. >Alternative car parks are available in the area. The Family history centre remains …
- Gloucester Crematorium registers have been transcribed by Barbara Osborne and her team of society volunteers and cover the period Jan 1953 to Feb 1975.
- In addition to our regular Facebook page we have now introduced a new ‘group’ page – a ‘self-help’ location a where group members can post queries and other member can answer those queries. …
- Being withdrawn from our Library. A unique opportunity to a serious Family Historian to obtain a book published in 1900 by private subscription, …
- We are pleased to report that the BMD site now allows you to enter a Year, It will automatically search Plus or Minus …
- Thanks to Roger Christian IOMFHS Strays from St Germans Cathedral, Peel Castle, St Peter’s Churchyard, Peel Wesleyan Chapel, & Peel Town Cemetery
- Gloucestershire Family History Society has started collecting members’ records and memorabilia relating to people that were involved in WW1. These may be …
Upcoming EventsSep20Wed7:30 PM Defending the Drift – Hook V.C. ... @ West Dean Centre, BreamDefending the Drift – Hook V.C. ... @ West Dean Centre, BreamSep 20 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMPaul Barnett on “Defending the Drift”, the story of Alfred Henry Hook V.C., hero of the Zulu Wars, who was buried at Churcham (St. Andrew) Churchyard. West Dean Centre, Bream, 7.30pm.Sep23Sat10:00 AM Forest of Dean Branch Open Day @ West Dean Centre, BreamForest of Dean Branch Open Day @ West Dean Centre, BreamSep 23 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMNew Venue this year in the centre of the village of Bream.Oct7Sat10:00 AM Glamorgan F.H.S. Fair 2017 @ Merthyr Tydfil Leisure CentreGlamorgan F.H.S. Fair 2017 @ Merthyr Tydfil Leisure CentreOct 7 @ 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMThe Forest of Dean Branch will have a stand at tis event. Three branch volunteers have expressed their intention to go but there is the opportunity to join them if anyone wishes to. Please contact the branch secretary.Oct11Wed7:30 PM 100 Years of Genealogy @ Hucclecote Methodist Hall100 Years of Genealogy @ Hucclecote Methodist HallOct 11 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMBy: Colin Chapman Free Parking Tea & Coffee AvailableOct18Wed7:30 PM Painted Wall Advertisements in G... @ West Dean Centre, BreamPainted Wall Advertisements in G... @ West Dean Centre, BreamOct 18 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMDerrick Hall on Painted Wall Advertisements in Gloucester. Derrick is a member of G.F.H.S and gave his presentation to a meeting at Gloucester earlier this year. It comprises a selection of photographs of painted wall advertisements to be, or were … Continue reading →Nov8Wed7:30 PM Raikes and Stock @ Hucclecote Methodist HallRaikes and Stock @ Hucclecote Methodist HallNov 8 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMA Brand New Talk by Ted Wilson Free Parking Tea & Coffee AvailableNov15Wed7:30 PM Family history in a Forest churc... @ West Dean Centre, BreamFamily history in a Forest churc... @ West Dean Centre, BreamNov 15 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMSteve Cooper will present a slide show of the most interesting memorials in the churchyard of St Andrew’s church at Awre.Dec7ThuDec13Wed7:30 PM Members Christmas Event @ Hucclecote Methodist HallMembers Christmas Event @ Hucclecote Methodist HallDec 13 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMEntertainment By CROSS UKES a well known local Ukulele Band
About the website
- If you use a gmail address to send us messages or buy things from the shop you may think we have not replied. However we …Read More »
- If you find any problems with the operation of the website please let me know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For general queries about genealogy and the …Read More »
Search the GFHS Shop
Browse the GFHS Shop