- Further Information Click below. We will close The Family History Centre on Friday 8th December at 4pm
- You can find the latest edition of our Journal in the members’ area. You will need to be logged in of course. All the online journals are in the journal archive
- To celebrate National Family History Month in Australasia, the Federation of Family History Societies has updated Our Australasian Really Useful Information Leaflet. You can download it for free, here: http://www.ffhs.org.uk/tips/RUL-Aus-2017-0809.pdf The FFHS has produced …
- There will be restricted parking available at Gloucestershire Archives site in Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester until Mid May 2018. >Alternative car parks are available in the area. The Family history centre remains …
- Gloucester Crematorium registers have been transcribed by Barbara Osborne and her team of society volunteers and cover the period Jan 1953 to Feb 1975.
- In addition to our regular Facebook page we have now introduced a new ‘group’ page – a ‘self-help’ location a where group members can post queries and other member can answer those queries. …
- We are pleased to report that the BMD site now allows you to enter a Year, It will automatically search Plus or Minus …
- Thanks to Roger Christian IOMFHS Strays from St Germans Cathedral, Peel Castle, St Peter’s Churchyard, Peel Wesleyan Chapel, & Peel Town Cemetery
- Gloucestershire Family History Society has started collecting members’ records and memorabilia relating to people that were involved in WW1. These may be …
Upcoming EventsOct21Sat11:00 AM Apple Day @ Gloucestershire Life MuseumApple Day @ Gloucestershire Life MuseumOct 21 @ 11:00 AM – 3:00 PMThe premier event of the calendar at the Life Museum – our Annual Apple day!! Taking place 11am – 3pm on Saturday 21st October at Gloucester Life Museum, we will have (in no particular order) • Fergus the horse to … Continue reading →Nov8Wed7:30 PM Raikes and Stock @ Hucclecote Methodist HallRaikes and Stock @ Hucclecote Methodist HallNov 8 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMA Brand New Talk by Ted Wilson Free Parking Tea & Coffee AvailableNov15Wed7:30 PM Family history in a Forest churc... @ West Dean Centre, BreamFamily history in a Forest churc... @ West Dean Centre, BreamNov 15 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMSteve Cooper will present a slide show of the most interesting memorials in the churchyard of St Andrew’s church at Awre.Dec7ThuDec13Wed7:30 PM Members Christmas Event @ Hucclecote Methodist HallMembers Christmas Event @ Hucclecote Methodist HallDec 13 @ 7:30 PM – 9:30 PMEntertainment By CROSS UKES a well known local Ukulele BandDec20Wed7:30 PM Christmas Social – 2017 @ West Dean Centre, BreamChristmas Social – 2017 @ West Dean Centre, BreamDec 20 @ 7:30 PM – 9:00 PMOur annual Christmas Social at the West Dean Centre, Bream.
About the website
- If you use a gmail address to send us messages or buy things from the shop you may think we have not replied. However we …Read More »
- If you find any problems with the operation of the website please let me know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For general queries about genealogy and the …Read More »
Search the GFHS Shop
Browse the GFHS Shop